Cerec - One Appointment for Crowns
We are excited to introduce the Cerec 3D technology to our office. We can now offer our patients beautiful ceramic restorations (crowns, inlays and onlays) that are performed in a single visit. This technique utilizes CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacture) technology to allow us to create a perfect fitting ceramic restoration.
Because we can design and fabricate the restoration in about 20 minutes, we eliminate the need for a temporary crown and a second cementation appointment. Your teeth are beautifully restored when you leave our office. Our patients love the time efficiency of the procedure while we feel great about providing long lasting, durable restorations. Many studies have shown the ceramics that we use can last a lifetime and wear similar to natural tooth structure.
- Protects and preserves your own tooth's structural integrity
- Ceramics are bio-compatible
- Only one appointment
- Perfect looks, comfort and quality
- Long lasting and durable
- Unquestionably the most cost effective restoration we have available today
Thanks to the exceptional precision of CEREC 3DT technology we can create beautiful computer generated porcelain restorations that are durable and practically invisible all in a single visit. This means no need for impressions, temporaries or second visits for the same tooth.
With this technology we minimize tooth loss, increase strength of the tooth and virtually eliminate sensitive teeth. A single tooth can be restored back to its original strength and beauty in less than 1½ hours. So, eliminate the problems associated with silver (mercury) fillings by requesting CEREC and keep those teeth for a lifetime!
How does it work?
After we prepare your tooth, a special camera takes an optical impression and relays the exact specifications to a computer, which then designs- right before your eyes, on screen- a precise restoration to fit your tooth. Then the milling function actually manufacturers the solid, one-piece restoration. We bond it into your tooth and you're done- in just one visit.
We use a ceramic material that is so natural looking that even on close inspection; you will not be able to distinguish it from your natural tooth. What's more, it's strong and durable- so strong in fact, that we can restore a tooth to 103% of its original strength.
It can withstand the daily grinding of food, you don't get any strange metallic tastes as you can with amalgams (silver fillings), it's not sensitive to hot and cold and- because the ceramic surface is smooth it is remarkably resistant to bacterial build-up.
CEREC is the pinnacle of dental restoration technology, allowing us to perform complex procedures quickly, precisely, efficiently and with stunningly beautiful results.
Cerec technology has come to Rancho Las Palmas Dental Care.
Advantages of Cerec over white fillings:
- Appearance is exactly like a natural tooth
- No deterioration with the appearance over time (white fillings stain)
- No voids in the filling. Voids cause pain when flying in an airplane.
- No shrinkage. Shrinkage causes margins to deteriorate and stain, and can result in failure of the filling through leakage.
- Much greater hardness and durability. Cerec restorations are unlikely to break when used in a heavy bite.
- Greater biocompatibility. Conventional white fillings wear more than enamel and conventional crowns are harder than enamel so they wear the opposing enamel. Cerec wears the same rate as enamel.
- Cerec can be used for all sizes of fillings including very large whereas plastic white filling materials can only be used for small and medium sized fillings.
Contact Dr. Robert Karl Jr., D.D.S M.P.H for an appointment today!
42500 Bob Hope Drive, Suite 1
phone : 760-568-2797
email : firstname.lastname@example.org